PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Jun 30, 2008

Nursing, stamping, links, + love

Happy July!! A new month! A perfect excuse for a new beginning!


Lots to share....



Nurses! Run right over to my friend Beth's (aka PixelRN) site, Oriented(x)3! She has compiled a fabulous aggregation of nurse bloggers, message boards, hot topics, news items, you name it. If you're into fresh, fabulous nursing, here it is. I am totally, completely honored to be a part of this resource, so I am now proudly displaying the logo on my right sidebar. Please take some time just to go see what this place is all about. It really is wonderful!


I talked my mom into entering some of the challenges over on 2peas for Worldwide Stamping Week, and guess who won the technique challenge? Yes, my cool stampy-pants mother herself! Check out my mom's gallery on 2Peas and show her some love!



{I must add here, for all the crafts I do, stamping just isn't one of them. It frustrates the life out of me. I'm not completely awful at it, but it's definitely not worth the struggle, let's just put it that way. And look at my mom... it's definitely her thing. I hope she shares more - she's totally amazing at rockin' those stamps!}


Next order of business?


This should be illegal!! I mean come on, David Beckham, modeling umm, yeah..., on the front of Macy's in San Francisco? This has to cause more car wrecks than cell phones, right? I'll let my better judgment win and stop here. As much more as I have to say about this one, I'm not getting into any trouble. Nope. Not at all. Moving right along...



So who's loving Firefox 3? Meeee!!!! What's your favorite add-on? I'm still playing around with them, definitely figuring out which ones I can't live without. Now how is this for a way cool tip? Can't remember where I found it, but I can definitely think of times when it would come in handy for me.


Who wants a funny?



Now in the order of weird and wonderful...


J'adore Paris!! But maybe not this much?



Not sure. Have a look for yourself!


Have a beautiful, blessed week, and don't forget who holds your future in His hands. Don't forget He also wants to take your burdens in those hands so he can give you r e s t for your s o u l.


Matthew 11:28-30


Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


8 comments:

Monique said...

Hey Amanda…I followed the link from the comment on my blog…and OH MY GOODNESS, your blog has totally sucked me in and I’m being very bad by not studying right now. So I made myself just stop reading…I may even have to take the laptop into another room so I won’t be tempted. ;) From what I’ve read so far, I think I could spend a whole month reading all your posts…and I am sure I will. Thanks for the well wishes and prayers on my test, and you will be in my prayers as well. :)


Kris said...

I just so agree with absolutely everything in this post!  It’s just how I feel about giving blood - made my eyes prickle and sent a shiver down my spine :)

Hugs

Kris


randomrevelations said...

Thanks for giving me some insight into what most of us take for granted. 5%?? That’s shocking!


VANMARIEKE said...

Hi Amanda,

I loved reading your blog! And you are totally right about donating blood, now that I am finished being pregnant and breastfed my kids, I should do it as well! Another thing on my to do list for the coming weeks….


ThatGirl said...

Miss Girl, go ahead and write your guest post and email it to me—I’ll put it up on my blog as soon as I get it.

Thanks!  Here’s my email:  shuey6(at)comcast(dot)net


Kelsey said...

You are so right! Thanks for this post


no name said...

we can’t stress the importance of donating blood by being quiet. i talk to people about it at every given chance, even if it makes me sad when they don’t agree with me.

thanks for opening other people’s eyes, straight fron the horse’s mouth so to speak. thanks for the link love too.


sarahgrace said...

Wow, I didn’t realize that there was such a huge need for donating blood…

I will certainly have to go check that out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!


 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios