First order of business?
This.
Yep.
You have absolutely no idea how hard it is for me NOT to buy that for whatever little girl I might have one day...
I'm sure it's too big for Haylie. :(
Next?
I'm SO making one of these.
How cute??!
And you just HAVE to watch this.... With a presentation like this, it's no surprise this guy got hired. How different would our world be if everyone would be this passionate?
Glamourous, spontaneous, and vulnerable? Yep, that's our beloved Holly Golightly, perfectly played by Audrey Hepburn of course!
Chic and Charming has a whole post on how to be just like our favorite Breakfast at Tiffany's icon in every way... her possessions, her activities, her favorite things, her home. Very clever, inspiring, and oh so cute!
And it's 90s flashback time!! I can't even begin to tell you how many times my friends and I would play MASH in elementary and middle school... so this shirt at Fred Flare brought back memories that made me smile.
Lastly, my friend from high school posted this on her tumblog, and I find it very endearing...
our life is a short time in expectation, a time in which sadness and joy kiss each other at every moment. there is a quality of sadness that pervades all the moments of our life. it seems that there is no such thing as clean-cut sure joy, but that even in the most happy moments of our existence we sense a tinge of sadness. in every satisfaction, there is an awareness of limitations. in every success, there is a fear of jealousy. behind every smile, there is a tear. in every embrace, there is loneliness. in every friendship, distance. and in all forms of light, there is a knowledge of the surrounding darkness…but this intimate experience in which every bit of life is touched by a bit of death can point us beyond the limits of our existence. it can do so by making us look forward in expectation to the day when our hearts will be filled with perfect joy, a joy that no one shall take away from us.
— henri nouwen.
And as always, I have a lot more I'd love to post... stories, reflections, photos... but these days just don't slow down. I'm working on it. ;-)
Be blessed.
xoxo


















































No comments:
Post a Comment