PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Apr 2, 2008

lOtSa sTuFf!

NuRsiNg
Wow! What a week! It's been just beyond crazy over here. Most of the weekend, I worked on school projects that are coming due in the next month or so. Monday, our professor from Assessment was our "guest lecturer" and it was great. It was the pain/comfort lecture, and since she has a strong history in critical care, she was perfect. Sure beats that other grad student they've been sticking in there. For once this semester, we actually learned something in lecture. We *heart* Mrs. Yoost!!

And today is Wednesday, so that makes yesterday Tuesday, which is lab day, and no shocker here, we once again had a little too much fun. This week, we played GI Jeopardy. Mrs. Fox loves making us play games, so she totally got all into it. We even had the theme song music playing for Final Jeopardy. Nothing like a little game show action to go with intestines, stomas, and enemas! Next week is oxygen, and the following week is urine elimination. Then, it's our last week of lab already (well, before finals at least), and it's our big Care of the Dying Client lecture. That's always a tough subject. I think people would be amazed at how much there is to death.

gOoD sTuFf
I'm in NSCS (National Society of Collegiate Scholars), and we made the school paper for our book drive. I think it's kind of exciting. :) You can read it here. My mom and I literally filled my entire trunk full of books and donated them. It felt so good to be doing something to help out those less fortunate. Mom cleaned out Dad's office, so we found tons of books in there, and then we finally got rid of the A Beka books for the two years Nikki and I were homeschooled. Finally. Ha!

sCraPbOoKinG
Last night, Mom and I decided we'd go out for like an hour to dine at Bob Evans (mmm, soup!) and make a stop at Home Depot, but one thing led to another, and before I knew it, we were shopping. I read this really cool idea online of binding scrapbooking idea books so they can lay flat, and I have to say I think I'm going to do this a lot more often. My fiance has a big cutting machine at his work that can cut off the binding of a thick softcover idea book, and then I took the pages to Office Max and had them spiral bound for a few bucks. Definitely not bad... Look at these!



And in other scrapbooking news, check out Lisa Bearnon's Kit of the Month. I'm usually not totally into these, but this month's was seriously too cute to pass up. Overpriced... maybe.... but definitely too cute. Can't wait to play with all these goodies!



iDoL nEwS
Who is going home?? Dial Idol is predicting Ramiele, but it's pretty close. I'm still on Team Brooke, but last night, she definitely could have done better than she did. :(

tOdAy
Today has just been nuts. First of all, we're getting all the hardwood floors redone, and the whole downstairs is just a mess. They've sanded for 2 or 3 days now, and I guess they have to do all kinds of finishing. Which means we have to move out. Seriously...... is that not ridiculous?! I'm going to stay at my mom's best friend's house with Hayles, and Mom and Nikki are taking Ri up to my grandparents' condo since they're in Florida right now. Dad's still in Africa, so I guess that's one less family member who gets to move for a few days...

I got this random email from Emily at Boutique Cafe and apparently I won some kind of contest? They posted about these cute little first aid kits for kids, and as a nurse, I couldn't help but post and let them know how cute they were, and I guess my post won me two free kits! I'll definitely be keeping them in my car for when I have the boys and they get themselves into trouble.... which sometimes seems to be often. ;-)

Videochatting on iChat with my dearest fiance!! Gotta love Macs.... Look at this... Awww... Come home from Africa soon!!!!




Clinicals - that post is coming. Bet you'll never guess what I did today!!! ;-)

Tonight - my cousin is here... we're finishing up Evan Almighty (which is actually a lot better than I thought it would be!), then Idol in a few minutes. Duh.... Oh yes, and with pizza. And Cherry Coke. Yep, that's a must.

No comments:

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios