From across the ocean, here is breaking news. As quoted at Best Week Ever:
A paternal dog has adopted an abandoned baby goat as his surrogate child.
Billy the boxer has become the constant companion of the 12-day old kid called Lilly. He sleeps with the goat, licks her clean, and protects her from any dangers at Pennywell Farm wildlife centre at Buckfastleigh, near Totnes, Devon.
Along with this pic...

Via Best Week Ever
Awwwwww......
I wonder what Riley (also a Boxer) would do with a goat! She's very friendly and cuddly, but I doubt she'd be that good with one.
Reminds me... when I was little I had my heart set on a goat. I went to the county fair and found really cute baby goat for $15. I talked my Grandma into agreeing to buy it for me under one condition - if my parents would let me. Of course, they weren't exactly as excited about the goat as I was. So yep, you guessed it... I never got my goat, but honestly, I really can't say that's a bad thing!! And for the sake of the goat, it was probably a very good thing. I don't have a good track record with my-very-own pets. Family dogs have always been fine, but like the fish tank my mom went all out for and turned it into a little fishy paradise oasis complete with lots of fun fish, all in the attempts to get me to fall asleep at night? Yeah, well after Bobbo, my favorite, died, and I found out Mickey Mouse fish only had a Mickey Mouse head on his body because his skin was transparent and his organs were visible.... and then just looking at all the fish poop swimming around in there... well, let's just say the fish tank didn't last long. Then there was the bunny... a rescue bunny I got from my friend. She assured me Bunny was a super sweet female bunny. Well Bunny stayed in the garage and decided she was a he and liked to umm, urinate across the garage onto cars. Then Bunny decided he liked to bite. So Bunny went to live at my other friend's farm until it got too cold and Bunny froze to death. Poor Bunny.
Fast forward to when i was 17. I was going through a lot at the time and decided I was going to get a little furbaby. Long story short, I got Haylie Brooke Gianna Soleil, a shichon (shih tzu+bichon) and she's like my real baby. Haylie is almost 3 1/2 and she pretty much makes my world go around. So see, the my-very-own-pet thing didn't end up all bad. ;)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment