PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

May 20, 2008

{what love can do}

Remember when I gave you my heart and promised you could keep it forever?

I honestly and carefully explained to you how it is weak and has been broken over and over again. You still took my gift though, and you somehow found it more beautiful and whole than I was ever able to see it. 

I try so hard to keep the pieces together in hopes that you might find it just a little easier to carry. Sometimes though, I don't know if you are carrying it close enough. Can you honestly tell me it's in the palm of your hand? Can you really feel every single beat? The strong, steady beats resounding from a passionate soul? How about the weakest, tiniest beats of defeat? Do you gently tighten your grasp when it forgets to beat at all? It does that sometimes, you know. It's very subtle and silent, and if you miss it, you'll only notice when the life has all but drained out.

But on the other hand, if you listen hard enough and hold it close enough, you'll be able to feel it dim. 
Just hold it tighter, and it will slowly begin to beat again. 
Really.

That's what love can do. 

Something so very amazing, real, and raw is resting in the palm of your hand.

Doesn't it fit perfectly?

Listen to it beat, feel it's strength, and protect it, because you'll find more love inside those mangled, broken pieces than anywhere else in the world.

I promise.

Forever.

1 comment:

allison strine said...

okay, that just about made me cry... You just had a good day, Amanda, 'cause you made me SMILE!

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios