Very opinionated lately. I have a lot of opinions, and I'm not afraid of what anyone thinks of them. Like my sarcastic sister says, "Oh really, Amanda, then tell us how you really feel."
All right then...
I should have known by the way you passed me by
There was something in your eyes and it wasn't right
I should have walked but I never had the chance
Everything got out of hand and I let it slide
Now I only have myself to blame for falling for your stupid games
I wish my life could be the way it was before I saw your face
You stole my happy, you made me cry
Took the lonely and took me for a ride
And I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
You had my heart, now I want it back
I'm starting to see everything you lack
Boy, you blew it, you put me through it
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
Na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na
Now your photos don't have a picture frame
And I never say your name and I never will
And all your things, well I threw them in the trash
And I'm not even sad
Now you only have yourself to blame for playing all those stupid games
You're always gonna be the same and, oh no, you'll never change
You stole my happy, you made me cry
Took the lonely and took me for a ride
And I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
You had my heart, now I want it back
I'm starting to see everything you lack
Boy, you blew it, you put me through it
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
Na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na
You want my future, you can't have it
I'm still trying to erase you from my past
I need you gone so fast
You stole my happy, you made me cry
Took the lonely and took me for a ride
Boy, you blew it, you put me through it
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
I have new rings on my fingers now. In fact I bought one of them myself, because surprising to my own self, I'm doing just fine without him. I get amazing compliments on my new diamonds, and it makes me feel like I won, even though I know in my heart it's not me vs. him, winning or losing. I have a future though, and although I wasted 3 months holding onto the past for dear life, I'm done. How stupid. Stupid boys turn smart girls into stupid girls. I wish no one any harm, there is no hate, not at all, but there is a lot of angry for how things went down and were never really wrapped up the right way. I'll toss the bitterness, but the scars will always show.
But you know what? I've slept just fine these recent nights. I'm getting happier each passing day. I am so content for the amazing things God has put into my life. Job 1.21: The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.
I'm done. The strings are gone.
Watch me fly.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment