So my first Interventions exam is tomorrow. It's over material in 3 or 4 of our books (aka "doorstops" according to Jen), plus some pages in the syllabus that aren't even in a book. Then there's lecture slides, nursing journal articles, and lab material. Plus behind this thing are some of the sneakiest. nastiest test-writers in the history of academia.
I always forget how easy it is to forget how much I love this when I'm blinded by the shadow of a looming exam. I have to get grounded and think about how I actually enjoy reading the textbooks, I enjoy going to lecture, I enjoy learning techniques in lab, and God knows how much I absolutely adore my clinical days. When the exams, assignments, and papers pile up, it's so easy to forget how much I've really learned and how much I thrive being immersed in this lifestyle of intelligent caring.
And so I take a deep breath and remember:
What we learn with pleasure, we never forget.
Alfred Mercier
It's in there - it's a part of me. I just have to forget about the big, scary tests and enjoy the journey. It's all part of the game. :)
Feb 10, 2008
it's crunch time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment