PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Aug 13, 2008

Tag Time!

And alas, I have been tagged by my blogging buddy (check her fab blog out here)... SO, It's the 10-for-10 Meme, and all you have to do is come up with 10 random/funny/serious/whatever facts about yourself. Or list 10 favorite whatevers. Or just do 10 something. Or whatever. It's still summer, so be crazy and do whatever is FUN for you!

I'm supposed to tag 10 people, but instead, I'm tagging 5 and then anyone who wants to participate, jump right in, k? Lurkers.... I know you're out there, and here's your chance! So whoever wants to join in, go right ahead and don't forget to share your link in the comments so we can head over and check it out!

I officially tag.... (ahem ahem)

1. My fiance, Jonathan because he likes to neglect his blog (and it's sad because he's so amazing, or well, at least I think so!)
2. Kevin (Jonathan's hilarious friend who just made a blog last week - shall we show him some love?)
3. Monique (cuz she just opened an Etsy store that you MUST check out, keeps a wonderful blog, annnd, she's an OFFICIAL nurse now - she just passed her boards!! Yay!)
4. Jenn, who not only shares the most fab scrapbooking ideas but God's used her to encourage me through some very difficult times (one of these days we'll get our coffee, k buddy??)
5. Stephanie who she has a bunch of internet-ish tips and tricks on her site (plus she's fun, and she sure knows how to pick her guest posters because yours truly will be having some fun there in a couple weeks. :)

K, onto my 10 things... I have no idea where I'm going with this one, so yes, even I am a wee bit scared! ;-)

~1~
My
sister is going away to college in about 1 1/2 weeks. She may only be 2 years younger, but she's still that baby sister who I've grown up to love and protect, and sure, "away" is only 1/2hr south of here so I will still see her sometimes, but still. Big sister is sad. Ya got that, little sister?

~2~
One of my
pet peeves is having a messy desktop. My primary computer is my iMac (even though I still use my old, trust PowerBook G4 for school!) and I prefer 1 icon on the desktop, and 1 icon only. The hard drive. Every now and then, I'll have a folder on the desktop of a project I'm real heavy into, but other than that, if my desktop is cluttered, my mind feels cluttered. Can you guess what's been driving me nuts all day?? Is anyone else like that?

~3~
I can easily get
interested in just about anything. Once I'm into it, I can't stop. I love how wide my interests range, but at the same time (I feel guilty for admitting this) I wish I loved learning just a tiny bit less. I get so passionate about so many things that I can't seize them all in the capacities I wish I could. There are only 24 hours in a day... I guess that's where prioritizing comes in, but when you really enjoy everything, it's hard to prioritize. Of course, I have a few top passions, but everything else is pretty high up there as well. There's no reason for not having a full life... it's all right there.

~4~
I would seriously pay someone to take my car and get the
oil changed tomorrow. It's my number one, worst-ever, do-I-seriously-have-to-do-this kind of thing. Any takers? lol Every 6 months, I push it just a few more months.... until I'm scared my car will explode or whatever happens when you don't get your oil changed. Then I take it in and wait. Every time, they promise it will take 15 minutes. Every time, I seriously think I'm there 4 1/2 hours. One time I really was there over an hour, but that's another story...

~5~
I am currently
missing a couple things (a picture hanging thing and some cute magnets I got on etsy) that were on my desk last night. How that happens, I'm not sure. My desk is actually clean, too. Do things ever run away from you even when you know you didn't move them and they weren't in a big pile or a mess or anything? Frustrating!

~6~ There's so many great things about growing up, but I miss being younger. I miss the days when my friends and I could get together anytime because no one ever had to work. I miss the childhood oblivion regarding money and dreams and justice and simple kindness and acceptance. And on a personal note, I just miss the life I had before the scars, before the nightmares. I hope after college, after marriage, it all gets better again. Well, maybe that's comparing apples to oranges. So maybe not better. Maybe good in a totally different kind of way. Not sure. Guess you'll have to stay tuned.

~7~
I just hung
4 new pieces of art on my wall just because I love love LOVE colors and mediums and interpretations so much. Most of the wall space in my bedroom is pretty much covered in either art or pictures. The pictures are because, well, they nourish my soul. There's just something about seeing the love and everything else that goes with your friends and family and memories just by glancing at a photo. As for the artwork, I'm huge on original Etsy pieces. Every single piece has some kind of significant meaning to me. I'm funny like that - if something doesn't have a meaning - not exclusively in decor either but really in a lot of things, I have a hard time bringing it into my life. Never really thought about that till now. Crazy meme has me all deep thinking, look at that. Ha... I should show you pictures of my pictures sometime, especially my custom painting I had done of my princess Haylie :)

~8~
I so want to lay in bed and
watch a movie but I know if I do that, I'd only fall asleep. And to think it's barely past 11pm. That means I got up too early this morning. It was for a good cause though. My dad was having iPhone troubles on his work PC. I think everyone should just get a Mac, and then everyone would be much better off. Especially people without technologically savvy 20-something daughters. I can't even imagine what my poor parents would do without us...

~9~
Funny story? (That could easily turn wayyy NOT funny??) I turned 21 on August 2 and since the BMV doesn't accept credit cards, I
never did get my license renewed (I tried - I actually went there and everything!) so I have to go back with cash or a check but I keep putting it off (bad!), so if I get arrested or something, well, you'll know what happened. I'm just determined to look nice for this picture because for my under-21 license I looked like a really short marshmallow in the picture (just fyi, I DID look cute on my temps license, go figure) but anyways, I vowed that the 21 license will not be all messed up. Even my hospital ID badges for work and clinical have great pics on them, something just happened with the last license....

~10~
Leaving on vacay
in a few days. Just a short trip. And no you can't stalk me because I'm not telling you where I'm going, but I will be blogging once I get there!! (That's the plan at least...) And no, you can't come rob my house because I have someone super fabulous who is going to sleep in my super fun girly room and stay with my baby puppies to love them and snuggle them and make sure they are treated just like the perfect little princess they are (ahem ahem, fiance.... lol) And I'm trying to get puppy playdates in order during the day as well. And we have a fancy alarm system. So yes, creepy internet people who are supposedly out there somewhere (not my lovely bloggy peeps, duh, you guys are awesome!), even though you DONT know where I live... I'm just making my point. Have fun breaking in because my house is definitely going to be occupied in a loud fun party kind of way. (No, fiance, no. No fun without me!)

Oh yes, I just thought of one more, can I please do an 11th?

~11~
I DO NOT want to leave my fiance. :(
3rd time we've been apart since we got engaged.
So sad. Glad it's only for a few days though. :)
Anyone come up with that billion dollars so we can get married yet? ;-)

Annnnd before I sign off for the evening...
I have a lot of posting to catch up on, pics to share, etc. Just finished my summer classes, trying to get ready for vacay, hopefully after that I can get back on a normal regular posting schedule... blah blah blah. New things in the works, ideas.... It's all in my head, I just have to get it all going. And most importantly, I should be writing more. My therapist would not be proud. Shame on me. I do enjoy it though too - I've always been a writer. Oh well, look at that, neglecting "me time," - I'm gonna get it from my therapist for that too. So lack of therapeutic writing AND lack of me time. Ahh, well, practice right? Rome wasn't built in a day. So I'm still working on it.... Hopefully on vacation I can get some practice in. Key word, Hopefully. Afterall, this family of mine is known for my father's "whirlwind vacations"..... yes, stay tuned. This oughtta be good. :)

*be blessed*

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi Amanda,

You asked the lurkers out there (me for instance-although I don’t know how I came upon your blog) to join in and tag 10. But I will not do that, instead I will, if I may, give you 10 reasons not to wait to do the most important and desired things in life. You are a sweetheart and I enjoyed reading bits and pieces of your blog. I don’t know what form of chronic illness you have, but rest assured, it is the best journey God planned for your life. And the fact that you are here writing your journal, is a miracle in itself by the mercies of God, to draw you in a closer fellowship with Him.

Well, here are my 10 thoughts:

1. Don’t put off- until tomorrow what you can do today. Tomorrow may never come. If you know it’s God’s plan to marry your best friend, then do it now.
2. Don’t fret about future finances- don’t worry about tomorrow; tomorrow has enough worries of its own. He will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Crist Jesus. Reach out to someone in need today.
3. Don’t wait to finish school- to bless someone’s life. Do it now. Blessed are the merciful. The opportunity may never come again.
4. Don’t fail to take in all of God’s creation wherever your feet take you, and always acknowledge the Creator. Life is short; enjoy it now.
5. Don’t feel sorry for yourself- weeping endures for the night, but joy comes in the morning. In this world you will have many trials; but be of good cheer, He has overcome the world. Comfort a dying child.
6. Don’t doubt God. He promised never to leave you nor forsake you. You can do anything; others may not be able to.
7. Don’t worry about your health- and the things you can’t do, it’s only a minor inconvenience. You’re already healed. Pray for those who are spiritually sick.
8. Don’t forget to love- even the unlovable. They may have never known real love.
9. Don’t neglect God’s word- it is living and powerful. Spread the word to everyone you come in contact with. It is the reason you are here.
10. Don’t ever give up- no matter how difficult the task; the race isn’t over yet. Go for the crown.

As I mentioned earlier, I don’t know about your condition, but I’m sure you are the real hero to your loved ones, just as our son is our hero. He is 19 and has a debilitating disease. All of the possibilities in this life have been stripped from him. But he loves Jesus and Jesus loves him. Perhaps one day I will tell you about it.

I just started a blog. I do hope you’ll come by and drop me a line.
http://d-dailydose.blogspot.com/

God's blessings,
Debi

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios