PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Aug 7, 2008

A goodnight prayer...

Got this in an email today and then had this thought... how much better would our lives be if we could go to sleep each night with this humble and honest of an attitude?

Lord, another day has come to an end
It’s time to say goodnight to family and friends
It has been a very long day
So many tests and trials came my way
Lord, I gave this day my very best
Now its time for me to lie down and rest
Before You, Lord I humbly bow
Touch my heart and mind right now
I don't want to dwell on failures and regrets
Nor meditate on hurts, but forgive and forget
Lord, grant me Your peace from above
Where I am empty, fill me with love
Wrap me in Your arms so tight
I love you Heavenly Father, goodnight

Patricia Bankhead

1 comment:

flickrlovr said...

We'd all sleep much better :)

I like that!

I tagged you for a meme over at my place if you feel like doing one: idblogthaton.blogspot.com/2008/08/10-uninteresting-things-about-me_13.html

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios