PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Dec 2, 2007

not your average chick flick


Okay, not a chick flick at all.... but I still liked it.


Sooo... Jonathan and I have been totally waiting for *Awake* to hit theaters (yesterday). Starring Jessica Alba (Jonathan's favorite, ahem ahem lol) and Hayden Christensen, the trailer kind of set it up to be a somewhat romantic film, and deep inside I know I was hoping that the guy would get the heart transplant and love would prevail, and the girl would be there for him and well, all that good stuff. However, that wasn't exactly the case. Instead, the movie started out like that, but what the trailer set up to be expected as a doctor's ulterior motive just kind of turns out to be a much more complicated thing, and not to ruin the story, but by the time the movie ends, the love story aspect of the movie has come screeching to a halt. But for some reason *Awake* wasn't bad. Not bad at all. Enjoyable, actually. And I must say that the unpredictability was refreshing. Once I got past the initial shock of What? They don't live happily ever after?! I found that I had an appreciation for the rapid myriad of plot twists that wrap up the film right at the very end.


Call me whatever you must, but I almost feel like I need to turn on a good chick flick tonight to kind of cleanse my head or something. But at the same time, I would definitely go see *Awake* again. It was charming, confusing, and ultimately refreshing, and who couldn't enjoy 75 minutes of that, especially while sitting next to the love of your life, holding hands and sharing kisses? <3

No comments:

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios