Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Melodie Beattie, author
Thanksgiving remains one of my favorite holidays because it reminds me that every day should be spent being thankful for what we have. And in the last few years, I've really grown to recognize that we all have so much more than we could ever completely realize.
Each year, I really like to make "Thankful Lists," but this year, I really don't know where to start.
After all, what's not to be thankful for?
No struggle, no matter how large or difficult, isn't meant to be or doesn't become a part of who you are. You can either grow from every situation, or you can become bitter and ungrateful. It's your decision. That's something to be thankful for in itself.
I'm so thankful that we all have that opportunity. The last few months have been so difficult, and the last year has been nothing short of treacherous. What a ride. I lost my fiance, I lost the opportunity to go to college, I was in the hospital for everything from a nervous breakdown to chemotherapy, and I received a liver transplant… after which I lost my health, my independence, and my dignity. But do you know what I didn't lose? My God. My hope. My peace. Whether or not I chose to accept what has happened, I am so thankful God somehow got me through all of it. I am thankful our Lord has a greater plan. I know I didn't always make it easy on Him, let alone myself. But here I am. Beautifully, wonderfully stronger than before.
This year, please join me in being thankful for all that is life - the good and bad days, the good and bad years, the trials and pain, the triumphs and joy.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11.28-30
We are so blessed.
Have a happy, wonderful Thanksgiving.
PS - A different Thanksgiving post is on my transplant blog - Thankful for life


















































1 comment:
Amanda, I am so happy that you are doing so well. Keep it up!
mo
Post a Comment