PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Aug 2, 2009

22 years ago today…

 "a" is for amanda's birthday cupcake!


... I entered this world!  To celebrate, numerous things have occurred...


First of all, Mom and Nikki surprised me with a huge batch of these lovely birthday cupcakes!!  Then there was the cell phone.  I was doing homework most of the day so I had the ringer off, but I got a zillion birthday text messages and voicemails from everyone who matters most!  But it was the email inbox, I'll have to say, that was most annoying because almost every website I've ever been to in my life had some kind of message to send, whether it was a boring "Happy Birthday!" or an overly peppy "Happy Birthday! You're our #1 Customer! Use this coupon to save 20% off your next purchase!"  The real mailbox had a plethora of similar coupons all week long, and hey get this one - Hallmark actually sent me a birthday card (with a coupon inside, of course).  (And as a sidenote here - that's the least they can do since I reached platinum last year.  Yes, I spend that much at Hallmark!)   But anyways, my favorite part of the day, as it is every single year, was the cards.  I'm a letter-handwriting, card-giving, day-making kind of person and for some reason I've always loved the cards more than the gifts.  They mean more, and they last forever.  :)


So.... don't mind if I do...


Happy Birthday to Me!!  :)


birthday cupcakes!!


1 comment:

Sean said...

Thank you for having the courage to share such strong emotions.

She sounds like she was a one-of-a-kind grandmother.

(((((HUGZ)))))


 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios