PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Dec 31, 2008

A Year in Review: 2007 and 2008 :)

Found this post I never finished last year, so I thought it'd be appropriate to post last year's answers along with this year's answers.... extra reflection. :) Feel free to join in.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
i got engaged... definitely never did that one before! ;-)


2008: Started a true healing journey from fears I've had since the age of 5.  Gave up control.  Things like that.

2. What are your New Years Resolutions?
to be a better person in every area of my life

To live what matters.  To not sweat the small stuff.  To be free to write my own life story - not live according to what is expected, assumed, or easy.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
no, which is good, cuz i have lots of itty bitties that keep me super busy as it is! although i desperately want a flower girl......... someone PLEASE adopt a 2 year old princess!!!

Hmm... the "closest" is probably little Maddie - baby girl to good friends of Jonathan and I.  :)  We like to hang out and I forsee some serious doll playing, piggy painting, shopping, etc. when she's just a little bit older!!  :)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
not in 2007, thankfully.

Don't think so.  The past few years are such a blur...

5. What countries did you visit?
the united states of america. stayed close to home this year.

Same again.  Just travel here in the US. 

6 What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
a more stable income

More hope, strength, and unwavering faith

7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why?
may 5th because i let someone close to me inside my shell, june 16 because it's the day i told jonathan we should get engaged, and july 17th because that is the day i made the commitment to give my heart away and begin my forever <3

the entire year.  every day was the same struggle as always, nothing too eventful.



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting into nursing school! woo!

surviving.

9. What was your biggest failure of 2007?
spending 125 more unnecessary days behind a formidable wall

No failures, just growth, traveling on the journey... it's good and bad and it's all part of the crazy miracle.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
i suffered a diagnosis of pulmonary avms and chronic dysphasia, i got my wisdom teeth extracted in august, and i was in a car accident 9/6

New diagnoses of malrotation, hiatal hernia, narcolepsy, EDS, PTSD.  Facing fears I've held for awhile.  Still struggling with about 2 dozen illnesses/diseases.  Determined to let it make me stronger.

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
a diamond ring!!!

Bought?  Buying, money... it's all overrated.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
jonathan

My mom

13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you?
let's keep this nice

Same as last year...

14. Where did most of your money go?
everywhere it shouldnt have!! crafts... clothes... etsy.com, ebay, amazon (books!!)

Funny how some things never change!!

15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Getting engaged!!

I wish I could think of one thing...

16. What song(s) reminds you of 2007?
[no answer]

Broken - Lifehouse











17. Compared to last year are you...
a.) Happier or Sadder? Happier Same? But different? Hard to explain.
b.) Thinner or Fatter? Thinner  Thinner
c.) Richer or Poorer? Poorer Same?

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Relaxing

Savoring

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Hiding
Struggling


20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my fiance!

Same.  With my fiance, friends, and family.  The best place in the world!!

21. Did you fall in love in 2007
Truly from the bottom of my heart

Yes because I really don't think love has a depth.  I'm amazed by how much more I fall in love every second of every day.  It's beautiful.

22. How many one night stands did you have?
None!

Stupid question.  I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with my one and only, my love of nearly 4 1/2 years.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Need I say... GREY'S ANATOMY!

Grey's still, and Private Practice!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?
Of course not

Nope

25. What was the best book you read?
I am embarrassed to admit I did not finish a single book cover to cover. I have a bad problem of starting books, getting about 1/2-3/4 through and getting bored.

"A Grief Observed" by CS Lewis

26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 20 on August 2nd and I really have no idea what I did. Honestly. Maybe I was in Chicago? No clue.

I don't remember.  21.  And I don't remember...

27. What was your best musical discovery?
[no answer]

Spa channel on Sirius radio!!  haha  And lots of new indie loves <3

28. What did you want and get?
A diamond ring!

Love

29. What was your favorite film of the year?
Evening

Breakfast at Tiffany's

30. What did you want and not get?
A Wacom Bamboo

A husband.


31. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting married, but the timing is not right. Yet.

A husband.  The love is so deep, perfect, complete... but life just doesn't want to let it happen.  It kills me inside.

32. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007?
Comfy to the hundredth power! And a serious jewelry obsession

You should be glad I got out of bed, so no whining about my yoga pants, Sketchers brown/pink shoes, cute top, and zip-up hoodie.  :)

33. What kept you sane?
My fiance, my mom, and my fab bestie Jen!

Same!  And different people at different times.  Various friends and even my bestest cousin-friend Heather! :)

34. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most?
Mother Theresa

I respect Sarah Palin for how she perceives her youngest son and persevered against adversity.  I admire Saint Gianna for saying it's okay to do what you know is right, to fulfill a passionate love-produced dream, even if everyone else thinks it's wrong.  I really admire a lot of people for many reasons, so this could go on forever.

35. What political issue stirred you most?
Anything involving rape and domestic abuse. It's so sickening.

Yes that, and stem cell research.  The horrendous abuse of females in other countries.  Healthcare in America.  The election.

36. Who/what do you miss?
Grandpa and my "Uncle" Phil

The faith of a child

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Meg-O!

My therapist who keeps me sane! lol

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
So many

I cannot possibly list every second of every day.  Each is a gift, and each bears a lesson.

39. Quote a song line that defines your year.
2007: "The Story" by Brandi Carlile











 

2008: Be OK, Keep Breathing, Giving Up - Ingrid Michaelson.  SO many more!!
































2 comments:

battynurse said...

Coming over from lost and found. Just wanted to say I hear you. Each year I tell myself it has to be better. I guess forever the optimist. I hope yours truly is.


HeyStephanie said...

Hey Amanda, I hope 2009 will be a better year for you. Don’t forget you can lean on your web 2.0 friends too! Cheers.


 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios