PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Jan 28, 2009

she let her soul fly

Tonight at 8:44pm ...
while Jonathan and I were on our way to pick up my mom and uncle from the airport ...
while the Ohio temperatures dropped ...
while people across the world watched TV ...
while mothers tucked their babies into bed ...

A son sat by his mother ...
She calmly took a breath ...
peacefully ...
She let her soul fly ...
all the way to Jesus.

Tonight at this very second ...
a power has overcome basic laws ...
no time ...
no air ...
irrepressible pain ...
tears ...
A loud realization ...
Life can be cruel ...
more catastrophic than reason.

A soul safe with Jesus 
hidden by the grief of an 
empty body
that just a few moments ago ...  
gave ... 
lived ... 
made ... 
sustained ... 
loved
. . . Nana is gone . . .

4 comments:

Robert said...

I'm sorry Amanda. Nana sounds like a remarkable person--I'm so glad she was in your life. :)

Shelby said...

What an exquisite expression of love and grief and remembrance. I just found your blog this morning by chance. I'm glad I did.

Hugs to you and my deepest sympathy.

DeAnn said...

Girl.. my heart goes out to you and your family. You and I both know where she is and we can take comfort knowing she is with our Lord. Hang in there. Hugs!! DeAnn

sandra said...

so very sorry amanda. i went through this recently and i know there are simply no words.
just know that she will be with Him and only He knows why things happen.
be grateful for her, remember her, and celebrate her life.she will be a part of you always and one day you will see her again in His kingdom.
my prayers are with you and your family.

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios